At Taylor & Corder our aim is to keep fees as reasonable as possible while still being fairly compensated for our time and professional expertise. Our fees are calculated based on the amount of professional time spent on a project regardless of whether it entails tax return preparation, consulting, or research. Time is billed in one-tenth of an hour segments at the hourly billing rate of the professional working on your project. The fee for tax preparation may vary from year to year based on changes in your tax situation. Sometimes these changes are not readily apparent to you, our valued client.
• Requests for relevant information that was either omitted from the tax documents provided to us or left blank on the tax organizer that we provide.
• Not being responsive to our email requests for additional information or clarification of information, causes us to revisit the tax return several times. Multiple email requests or phone calls for information can be very time consuming, and as result increase fees substantially.
• Complexity arising from a transaction made during the tax year may require additional calculations, and/or research and consulting.
• Corrections made after return completion that were a result of inaccurate or incomplete information provided.
• We do not want to discourage you from contacting us with questions or from scheduling meetings with us. It’s important for us to be aware of events that might impact your tax situation. Plus, we enjoy our clients! Quick emails and phone calls with questions are complimentary (generally “quick” means something that can be answered in 5 minutes or less). Please be aware that phone, video conferencing, or in-person meetings are billed at our standard hourly rates per hour for returning clients.
Tax planning and research – individuals [$225-$250]
All tax matters – corporations [$225-$250]
Consultation – accounting, business & other matters [$225-$250]
Administrative Assistant Hourly Rate [$105]
Fees for our services will be at our standard rates plus out-of-pocket expenses. Payment for services is
due when rendered and interim billings may be submitted as work progresses and expenses are incurred.
If we have not received payment within 30 days of our invoice, all work will be suspended until your
account is brought current and a 1% finance charge will be billed. We require any unpaid balance for a
prior year return be paid in full before the start of the current year return. You acknowledge and agree that
in the event we stop work or withdraw from this engagement as a result of your failure to pay in a timely
basis for services rendered as required by this engagement letter, we shall not be liable for any damages
that occur as a result of our ceasing to render services.
We have the right to withdraw from any engagement, at our discretion, if you don't provide us with
information we request in a timely manner, refuse to cooperate with our reasonable requests or
misrepresent the facts. Our withdrawal will release us from any obligation to complete your returns and
will constitute completion of our engagement. You agree to compensate us for our time and out-of-pockets
expenses through the date of our withdrawal.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at (971) 713-2206.